The kids may be getting ready to head back to school, but you’ve been attending Naptime Huddle all summer long! Time to see if you retained what you learned in July, with our monthly quiz:
1. Which original AFL team defected to the NFL before ever taking the field as an AFL team?
2. What member of this summer’s Team USA is the daughter of an athlete who is the only man to win an Olympic medal and a Super Bowl ring in the same year?
3. What is the name of the union representing the NFL’s game officials?
4. What former Bears running back (and author of Reading Huddle’s current selection) was named Rookie of the Year by unanimous vote in 1965?
5. Who holds the NFL record for most sacks in a career, with 200?
6. Which veteran QB got some additional leverage in his contract negotiations when an arbitrator ruled that if his team put a franchise tag on him again in 2013 that he would be entitled to a 44% raise?
7. What former NFL wide receiver was unable to compete in the Olympics because of the U.S. boycott of the 1980 Games held in Moscow?
8. TRUE OR FALSE: During training camp, there must be at least one hour between practice sessions on the same day.
9. What former NFL running back, Heisman Trophy winner and Olympian was the first player to have gains of 90+ yards rushing, receiving and returning kicks in a single season?
10. For which Super Bowl did Jets quarterback Joe Namath guarantee victory, and what team did the Jets beat in that game?
BONUS: Which two running backs received nearly identical contract extensions from their teams in the days leading up to the opening of their training camps?
Come back tomorrow for the answers!