Now that the 2012 season is underway, I hope you’re not too excited or distracted to take our quiz on the August posts. Check in tomorrow for the answers!
1. What team was sold in the offseason to Jimmy Haslam III, head of Pilot Flying J, a national truck stop chain?
2. Before the 2011 season, what were the only two teams to win the AFC South?
3. True or False: An NFL player is eligible for enshrinement into the Hall of Fame as soon as he retires.
4. Which team made a big splash in the offseason when it acquired Pro Bowl defensive end Mario Williams, formerly of the Houston Texans?
5. Which member of the 2012 Hall of Fame class became only the second Seattle Seahawk to be enshrined?
6. Which AFC West running back dealt a blow to the hopes of his team and fans when he broke his collarbone just three plays into the preseason?
7. Which member of the 2012 Hall of Fame class helped developed the NFL Combine, that all-important scouting tool?
8. How many different starting quarterbacks have the Washington Redskins had in the last twenty years?
9. Which offensive line in the NFC North ranked 27th in 2011, allowing its quarterback to be sacked 49 times and hit 76 times?
10. Name the four former quarterbacks who ran for office as Republicans (hint: one played in the Canadian Football League, not the NFL, and the other spent most of his career as an NFL coach).
BONUS: Prior to the enshrinement of #5’s answer, who was the first and only Seattle Seahawk to be in the Hall of Fame?