So, how do you think you did? Look below for the answers to yesterday’s quiz, along with links to the relevant posts:
1. Who was the first African American head coach to win the Super Bowl? (Hint: His memoir is the current selection of the Naptime Huddle Book Club.)
2. Who was the first special teams player to win Super Bowl Most Valuable Player?
GREEN BAY PACKERS’ DESMOND HOWARD, IN SUPER BOWL XXXI
3. Who set the record for the longest play in Super Bowl history with a 99-yard interception return for a touchdown?
STEELERS LINEBACKER JAMES HARRISON, IN SUPER BOWL XLIII
4. Who is the league’s oldest active player?
HOUSTON TEXANS PUNTER MATT TURK, WHO IS 43 YEARS OLD
5. What is the penalty when a pass interference foul is committed by the offense?
10 YARDS FROM THE PREVIOUS SPOT
6. Whose memoirs were the inspiration for the 1971 telefilm Brian’s Song?
CHICAGO BEARS LEGEND GALE SAYERS (The book was I Am Third)
7. Who was the first wide receiver to throw a touchdown pass in a Super Bowl?
PITTSBURGH STEELERS’ ANTWAAN RANDLE-EL, IN SUPER BOWL XL
8. What rap song, by rapper GZA, refers to 31 of the 32 NFL teams?
9. Which running back that retired this year was so coveted by the New Orleans Saints that the organization traded all of its draft picks to snag him?
10. Which football movie classic was the feature film debut for Judy Garland?
PIGSKIN PARADE (1936)
BONUS: In rapping parlance, what does it mean to “spit eights”?
TO BE ADEPT AT RAPPING IN EIGHT-MEASURE OR EIGHT-LINE VERSES
And now, check your score against our grading scale:
3-5: Equipment Manager (Make sure you use fabric softener when you wash the towels.)
6-8: First Round Draft Pick (But don't get cocky...)
9-10: Head Coach (Maybe you should write this thing!)