So, how do you think you did? Look below for the answers to yesterday's quiz (and the Naptime Huddle grading scale).
1. In which offensive formation is the fullback standing directly behind the quarterback, with the two halfbacks split behind him? (Hint: You may have thought of this formation when participating in a post-Thanksgiving meal contest.)
2. How many homes has the Warrick Dunn Family Foundation filled since its founding?
3. Which current offensive lineman has not missed a single game in six years, has only allowed nine sacks in the last four seasons, has earned Pro Bowl selections in the last three seasons and is married to the daughter of his head coach?
CHRIS SNEE, GUARD, NEW YORK GIANTS
4. In what offensive formation does the running back become the quarterback and the quarterback become a receiver?
5. What is the signature characteristic of the Nickel Defense?
THERE ARE FIVE PLAYERS IN THE SECONDARY (CORNERS AND SAFETIES) INSTEAD OF THE USUAL FOUR
6. What is the difference between the “play action” and the “draw”?
IN THE PLAY ACTION, THE OFFENSE BEGINS THE PLAY LIKE A RUN BUT THE QUARTERBACK PASSES THE BALL TO A RECEIVER. IN THE DRAW, THE OFFENSE BEGINS THE PLAY AS IT WOULD A PASS, BUT THE QUARTERBACK EITHER HANDS THE BALL OFF TO A RUNNING BACK OR KEEPS IT HIMSELF.
7. True or False: To be in the Nickel Defense, the defensive linemen and linebackers must be in a 4-3 formation.
FALSE: IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW THE LINEMEN AND LINEBACKERS ARE SITUATED
8. Which defensive scheme, popularized by coach Tony Dungy in the late 1990’s, requires an athletic, quick middle linebacker to cover short- and medium-length passes in the middle of the field?
THE TAMPA 2 DEFENSE
9. In what years did the Detroit Lions and the Dallas Cowboys begin their tenures as the teams playing on Thanksgiving Day?
LIONS: 1945; COWBOYS: 1966
10. Which former lineman was the first Cincinnati Bengal to be enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame?
ANTHONY Muñoz, TACKLE
BONUS: Which three teams has Naptime Huddle NOT mentioned in its “Games To Watch” series?
CLEVELAND BROWNS, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
Check your score against our grading scale:
0-2: Fair Weather Fan (You know we post more than recipes, right?)
3-5: Equipment Manager (Make sure you use fabric softener when you wash the towels.)
6-8: First Round Draft Pick (But don't get cocky...)
9-10: Head Coach (Maybe you should write this thing!)