Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Kickoff, Part I

Welcome to my new blog! 

This blog is for anyone who would like to learn the basics (and maybe a bit more) about football.  Feel like the only one not in the office Fantasy Football League?  Wish you could participate in the cooler talk on Monday mornings?  Tired of being a "Sunday Widow" in the fall and winter?  Want to hang out with the boss in the corporate suite at the stadium without looking like an idiot?  Then this blog is for you!  I will give you the low-down on how the game is played, the rules, and National Football League structure and news.

Oh, and you'll also see some random thoughts and a favorite recipe once in a while...

So, who am I, and how am I qualified to teach you about football? 

I'm a stay-at-home mom who was raised in a football-loving family, with a dad who coached youth football for much of his adult life and was eager to teach the game he loved to his children.  Our fall weekends were spent watching college football on Saturdays (University of Georgia games), and the NFL on Sundays and Monday nights (which games depended on where we were living at the time).  I attended the University of Michigan for law school (and am now a dyed-in-the-wool Wolverine), where I met my husband.  After graduating, I practiced regulatory law for six years. 

After "retiring" from law almost three years ago, I decided it might be fun to try officiating youth and high school football.  So, in 2009, I joined the local football officiating association and got on the field as an official-in-training, mostly for the little guys (although I did fill in on a freshman-level game once), and in the press box running the game clock and scoreboard for varsity games.  It was a great time, but we decided to start a family after that season and I haven't been back . . . yet.

Oh, why the name "Naptime Huddle"?  Because the only time I'll have to post is when my toddler son is napping.  Duh.

So...ready, set, hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question you want answered, a correction or a comment?