Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Recipe Timeout: Sassy Squash and Red Onion Saute

This simple recipe was created in one of those oops-I-forgot-we-had-that moments.  I had bought a red onion at the farmer's market (good onions are really hard to come by in our grocery stores), and needed to use it before it turned on me.  Having just bought yellow squash, not one of my husband's favorites, I figured I couldn't lose by mixing the two.

Ingredients:

1 cup squash (1 medium squash)
1/2 of one red onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning blend
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

Slice the squash into 1/4-inch slices.  Slice the red onion half thickly, then cut into approx. 1-inch pieces.  Heat oil in large pan.  Add squash, onion and seasonings.  Saute about 12-14 minutes, until all vegetables are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question you want answered, a correction or a comment?