So, think you've learned anything on Naptime Huddle? With the regular season starting later this week (Saints at Packers, Thursday, 8:30 on NBC), I've decided to test your knowledge with our first ever pop quiz! At the end of the quiz are links to the posts that will help you find the answers, but you know you don't need it...
1. Which official wears a white hat and is the boss of the officiating crew?
2. True or False: The winner of the pregame coin toss gets the ball first.
3. The offense has first and ten on their own 40. At the snap, the quarterback hands the ball to the running back who runs forward to the 46-yard line. What is the new down and distance?
4. Which quarterback led his team on “The Drive” to beat the Cleveland Browns in the AFC Championship game in January 1987?
5. Two changes were made to the rules regarding kickoffs this year. What are they?
6. What is the only team to have ever had an undefeated season, and in what year did they accomplish this feat?
7. What is the standard for reversing a call using instant replay?
8. Which Dallas Cowboy had the ball knocked out of his hand at the one-yard line after recovering a fumble, costing his team a touchdown in Super Bowl XXVII?
9. What do you call a play where a defensive player usually assigned to cover the run or a pass is committed to rushing the quarterback instead?
10. What member of the famous “Steel Curtain” defense of the 1970’s is believed to be the reason that the rules protecting receivers were developed?
Bonus: In Ian Fleming’s “James Bond” novels, what is the name of the Soviet agency tasked with eliminating rogue Soviet operatives?
TUNE IN TOMORROW FOR THE ANSWERS!